The BEST WESTERN Bandana Square is a unique, high-quality hotel located in St. Paul. Hotel guests will be conveniently situated near the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, the Minnesota State Capitol, the Xcel Energy Center, River Center Convention Center and the University of Minnesota. We are also close to Target Field and Metrodome, home of the Minnesota Twins and Vikings. Inquire about convenient transportation to Minnesota’s great sporting events.
Even though its twin city to the West has a fancy new baseball stadium and world- renowned art museums, St. Paul is not about to be overshadowed. Home to fantastic restaurants and historic sites, Minnesota’s capital city of St. Paul is a great place to visit any time of year.
1. Take a stroll down Grand Avenue: St. Paul’s historic Grand Avenue is jam-packed with clothing and home goods shops, restaurants and coffee shops. If you’re hungry, stop by the renowned Café Latté, an upscale cafeteria-style restaurant popular with St. Paulites.
2. Visit the Minnesota History Museum: Run by the Minnesota historical society, the Minnesota History Museum has permanent interactive exhibits (great for the kids) and several special exhibits per year. The fall 2010 display is all about chocolate.
The snow is melting, the days are getting longer, and the temperature is getting warmer – it can only mean that spring is here in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Looking for ideas for things to do in the spring in Minneapolis? Here’s some spring activities in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
- Splash in puddles with your kids.
- Go skiing or snowboarding for cheap – local ski hills usually slash lift ticket prices at the end of the season until their snow finally melts.
- See one of 170+ independent movies at the Minneapolis-St. Paul Independent Film Festival, held at the of April.
- Go maple syruping.
- Attend a Minnesota Fashion Week runway show, party or boutique event – usually the second week of April.
- Take your kids on an Easter Egg hunt.
- Get a carwash and blast the salt and road crud off your car.
- Catch a St. Paul Saints Game
- Celebrate Earth Day at a fair, festival or help clean up a local park at an Earth Day cleanup event. Earth Day is April 22, Earth Day events are held on the closest weekends.
- Wear shorts. Continue reading
St. Patrick’s Day is Sunday, March 17 2013, ideal for a weekend of celebrating the patron saint of Ireland.
On St. Patrick’s Day, St. Paul is by far the most Irish of the Twin Cities, although Minneapolis has a good number of St. Patrick’s Day events. Here’s where to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in St. Paul, Minneapolis and around the Twin Cities.
And in the evening, there is a second St. Patrick’ Day parade in downtown Minneapolis, also on Saturday March 16, the day before St. Patrick’s Day. At 6.30 p.m. the parade begins on Nicollet Mall at 11th Street, heading up the mall to 5th Street. Continue reading
Great History & Great Rooms for any occasion!
Stylish and spaciously designed our boasts 109 well-appointed guest rooms, cable satellite television with HBO® and wireless high-speed Internet access and complentary breakfast.
Pool Side Rooms
Our Pool side rooms are perfect for a family, a reunion, or just some friends getting together for a long weekend. Sit back enjoy the courtyard view of the pool and enjoy all the amenities we have to offer.
A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily on a platform replicating train stops of days gone by. Our Breakfast includes homemade waffles, oatmeal 3 kinds cold cereal, hard boiled eggs,donuts
.English muffins and much more.